Friday, February 2, 2007

Crosby

I watched hilites from tonight's Canadiens/Penguins hockey game, and I saw something that made me smile, but it saddened me a little too.

Right off the openign faceoff Sidney Crosby got a stick to the gut. (Not comfy) So what does he do? He gives the perpetrator a little shot on the next play. I get up and say "Way to go Sidney!" But then I stop and think to myself, that is what's wrong with the NHL. Why should the superstar have to send the message? That's what tough guys are for! Wayne Gretzky never had to worry about someone takign a cheap shot because he had Dave Semenko and Marty McSorley to take care of business. I'm not saying the tough guy has to be on the ice all the time, just have him on the bench in case something happens. Do you really want Jarome Iginla or Sidney Crosby hurting themselves? No. The fix is simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment