Thursday, March 8, 2007

Oh The Memories...

So march Break has officially kicked off! Now this may make me sound like an old guy, but I don't ever remember getting the Friday off before March Break. Now I know people who took the day off, but as for the school board deciding to give the day off, I don't think that ever happened.
My favorite memories of March Break would be the trips to the rockies. You see (apparently, but I don't remember) as a kid I chose not to play hockey, and go on family ski trips each year. That meant we'd take a week and go to Banff, Whistler, or another ski destination in Western Canada. My favorite place to go had to be Big White. It was just outside of Kelowna, BC so we'd land in Kelowna (it would be like 10-15 degrees) and then get in the rental car and drive out to Big White. They seemed to always get fresh snow overnight and have nice sunny days for us to ski in. It was so much fun. My brother and I racing down the mountain, having great bacon adn egg breakfasts each day and steak dinners followed by a dip in the hot tub. It was pretty sweet and I probably didn't appreciate it as much as I should have. Looking back I see just how lucky I was to a) get along with my family so that the trips were enjoyable and b) have the chance to do these fun things that 90% of my classmates never got to do. So in a way this is a thank you note to my family (I know you read it). Thanks guys for giving me such great memories and for being such a cool family!