Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Sad Puppy

This morning I got up and Crystal had already gone to work, leaving Snax alone with me. Snax had let me get my beauty sleep and when I woke up she greeted me with plenty of puppy kisses. So I got out of bed and began my morning routine. But something wasn't routine today... Snax wasn't following me around. Usually she's at my side wherever I go, but today she was just chillin' on the couch. I didn't think much of it, but then when I offered to take her for a walk, she sauntered over to her bed and lay down. So I got her leash, maybe she didn't understand me. Once she saw the leash she walked over to her crate and got inside. I was miffed: "What is wrong with this dog... She LOVES going for walks!" I picked her out of her crate and tried to put the leash on, and she slipped back into her plastic crate. By now I'm starting to worry a little bit. She's not bouncing around like usual, and now she doesn't even want to go for a walk! Oh No! She's depressed! I tried everything I could to get the elash on her and go for a walk, but she'd just flop to the ground like a doormat whenever I'd try to move her. So after a couple hours of fruitless effort I gave up and came in to work.

Apparently I didn't do any lasting damage though, when Crystal came home from work Snax was wound up and VERY hyper. I've determined the problem is she's female... They have unexplained mood swings all the time.