Monday, June 11, 2007

Surf's Up!

This past Saturday Crystal and I had a "date night." We drove up highway 93 into Midland for dinner and a movie. (Movies are cheaper in Midland) We had a VERY filling dinner at Town Grill, we both took home leftovers, and then headed across the street to the theatre. We took in a movie I was so stoked to go see... "Surf's Up." (You know the "mock-umentary" with the surfing penguins.) Let's just say I did not leave the theatre disappointed. Mind you I'm one of those people that was tailor-made to live on the West Coast where the weather is warm, the waves are big, and people live at the beach. Crystal said it was "Meh, OK." So even if you're not a surfer at heart, I think you'll still enjoy it. It's shot as (what they call) a "mock-umentary." Documentary style, with a tongue-in-cheek feel to it. And the surfing footage, although animated, was really cool. It goes up on the Wonderdog's top 20 for sure! Now go see it!