Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Wacky Weather

My alarm clock was screaming at me much too early this morning. I rolled over and gave it a good smack to make it stop, and then rolled over once more to get out of bed. I got up, looked out the window, and my stomach sank. It was a blizzard outside! Snow everywhere! Well Crystal and I had made plans to go to Toronto to take care of some business, and we were not going to let a little snow stop us.


A funny thing happened on our way down the 400 though. Once we passed Innisfil beach Road, the snow seemed to start letting up. By the time we passed the exit for 88 into Bradford, the snow had stopped. Toronto didn't even have snow on the ground! It was so weird to go from blizzard with a foot and a half of snow on my car to no snow in sight. BUT WAIT! It gets even more weird. I talked to some guys from Orillia, and they didn't get snow either! What is this? Is Barrie the snow capital of Ontario? Crazy weather!


P.S. - Snax had her first experience with snow today as well... she liked it.