Friday, December 7, 2007

Downtown Destroyed

I was on my way home from work last night when I saw something that blew me away. I'm going down the hill on Bayfield and as I pass the 400 I see a pillar of smoke coming up from the downtown area. As I get closer it looks like the entire downtown is burning! I try to get closer so I can investigate, but the swarm of cop cars and fire trucks won't allow me to. It turns out there was an explosion and the corner of Bayfield and Dunlop is now gone. It's a sad story, made even sadder because my favorite restaurant went with that corner. Royal Thai Cuisine, the best food in town, is now but a memory. But seriously, pray for the families that now don't have a place to live. Maybe even take down some clothes or extra blankets for them. Pray that God canuse this mess for good... somehow.