Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Let The Music Move You

Today I realised just how powerful music can be. I went to the gym and began my workout as usual. Threw on the headphones and worked out to my usual playlist. But then halfway through my workout, my MP3 player suddenly died on me. I pulled it out of my pocket, flipped it over and saw the battery logo flashing, mocking me. I decided to push through and finish the workout, who needs music anyway? Well I had nothing. I could barely do 15 minutes on the treadmill, barely lift half the weight I normally do... It sucked. I have no idea what the music does to me, but my performance went downhill once the tunage stopped. Is music a performance enhancing drug? If you've seen the Keanu Reeves movie Hardball you know it is. Next thing you know they will be testing for music implants on professional athletes.