Thursday, February 7, 2008

Oh Mr Sun!

I hate Thursdays! Tuesdays and Thursdays actually. Why? Meetings all day. (But that's another blog in itself) I haven't always hated Tuesdays and Thursdays, only recently. And I think I know why. I noticed something today... Something unusual for a Thursday. When my alarm went off I didn't wish I could go back to sleep and wake up on Friday. What made me bound out of bed, excited to wake up? The sun. "THE SUN?!?" The sun. Something about the sun shining in through my window made me momentarily forget about meetings, digging my car out from under 3 feet of snow and the fact we have no cereal in the cupboard. I hear about people who have S.A.D. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasonal_affective_disorder) but those people are usually heavily medicated and in padded rooms alone. The room I'm alone in doesn't have padding, thus making me "normal." Maybe there is something to this seasonal mood thing.


I used to LOVE Tuesdays and Thursdays... they were skimboarding with Kent days. Get up early, head to the beach and get in an early morning skim session before going to work. Wait a second... My dislike for these days didn't really manifest itself until the snow came. Hmmm. Maybe the constant "cloudy with frequent flurries" forecast has been getting me down. I know I love the warm sunny days that summer brings, but I didn't really think it was possible for the weather to affect my mood so much. I guess I'll never be able to live on the rainy west coast. Oh well... I love living in Barrie anyway (in the summer).