Monday, February 25, 2008

What Is Loyalty?

An interesting development in the world of Toronto sports. Let me throw some names at you and how Toronto sports fans treated them.
Damon Stoudamire (wanted out of Toronto) - Hated
Vince Carter (wanted out of Toronto) - Hated
Roberto Alomar (wanted out of Toronto) - Hated
Tracy McGrady (wanted out of Toronto) - Hated
Mats Sundin (wanted to stay in Toronto) - Hated

Does that make sense to you? Don't get me wrong, I think the Leafs would have benefited greatly had Mats chosen to go. But he said he likes the city, the team, the (losing) atmosphere so he wants to stay. Now Leaf fans are mad. WHAT!?!? Yeah, it doesn't make much sense to me either. Will it damage his reputation as the greatest Leaf ever? I don't think he's in the top 5 before this decision. Well to you Leaf fans, I hope you keep losing and end up with Steven Stamkos. My Stars will continue to win, and maybe their defenseman Trevor Daley will bring the cup to his hometown of Toronto in the summer. After all it's the closest Leaf fans will get without a trip to the Hockey Hall Of Fame.