Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Dallas Stars

19 days ago I posted a blog about the Dallas Stars and how they could surprise you in this year's NHL playoffs. Tonight they won in overtime, taking a HUGE 3-0 series lead over the San Jose Sharks. Tomorrow night they have the chance to punch their ticket to the Western Conference Semi-Finals. At the onset of the playoffs, the Stars were reeling. They had lost 10 of their last 14 games and didn't look very good. But I said watch out for these guys... They have the right mix of goaltending, scoring, defense and grit to make a run deep into May. No one seemed to share my sentiment.
Now I wasn't ready to annoint them as champs either. In my hockey pool I picked the Rangers to win the cup (they are down 3-0 to the Penguins), but I predicted Dallas would make it through the first round and possibly the second, depending on who they played. Now let's hope they can close out the Sharks tomorrow and move on to face (most likely) Detroit.