Friday, May 9, 2008

3 Years

1,096 days ago I made my debut on The Slam. Yeah 3 years ago! Hard to believe huh? It's the longest I have worked anywhere in my life. The past 3 years have been full of fun. Air Raids, ferris wheel hyjinx, mud volleyball, school's out parties and all around craziness. If I had to pick one hilite, I'm not sure what it would be. It will probably end up being the wakeboarding weekend, but since that hasn't happened yet I'll have to pick something else. I think I'd have to go with the School's Out Party. Just because I put it together all on my own (look Mommy, I'm a big kid now!). I hated it at the time, but it was nice to see the end product come together and go off without a hitch.
What would I still like to accomplish at Life 100.3? I'd like to interview Mat Kearney. I've been trying for 3 years and no luck. Although I think it might be hard to remain professional while interviewing my favorite musician. I'd like to expand the Slam staff to 7 or 8 people. Have people with various weekly duties. Like "Man On The Street" and "The Wire" just more of them. And ultimately, I'd like to go to Switchfoot's Annual Bro-Am. That would just about top the list. Still lots to accomplish, lots to do. I hope you continue to journey with me, cause it's all for you baby!