Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Revelation

I've realised something about myself over the past couple days. Call it a eureka moment. I love change.
The in-studio TV was on CNN, so when 10:00 rolled around Barack Obama consumed the tube. Now I'm not into politics, but (even in Canada) we've been force fed the American election, and as a result I know a little bit about what's going on. Well as I was watching the closed captioning roll across the screen I found myself cheering on The Rock... er... Barack when he talked about change. That's when I realized I'm big on change. When Barack threw out the line: "The greatest risk we can take is to try the same old politics with the same old players and expect a different result." I was like yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!
I like change. Even when things are going well, I crave change. Let's change it, make it better! It's part of the learning process. Is it great? No? Then let's change it! What's the worst that could happen? It doesn't work and we try something else.
It can be simple change. Rearrange the furniture in your room every couple of weeks. Take a different route home. Try something new at your favorite restaurant. Change is good. It adds variety to life. I'm not sure if it's a strength or weakness, but it's who I am. I like change.

No comments:

Post a Comment