Monday, February 23, 2009

What Are You Known For?

I received an email today that contained a sample chapter of "Lord Save Us From Your Followers." It seemed interesting so I took a look. It contained transcripts of conversations "bumper-sticker-man" had with random people in Times Square. I found some of the responses interesting. "Name Something Christians Today Are Known For?" Here are some answers:
  • Selective Hatred
  • Intolerance
  • Fanaticism
  • Judgementalism
  • Hysteria
  • Trying To Get Other People To Become Christians
  • Politics
  • Hyperbole

If you ask me, I don't really want any part of those descriptions. None of those sound like Jesus, and isn't the goal to become more like Jesus? (Either that, or woo him with the erotic love songs we sing in church). If we were to poll those we connect with on a regular basis, whether at work or school, what would they say we are known for? I would hope the response is slightly more positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment