Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Outsiders

Tuesday marked the release of the new Skillet and Mark Schultz CD's, but there was another album I was looking forward to even more. The new offering from needtobreathe. I'm digging it. Right now my favorite song on the album is the third track, Through Smoke. Check it out:

Before the truth will come to fill our eyes
The wool comes down in the form of fire
When the answers and the truth have cut their ties
Will you still find me
Will you still see me through smoke

I was born in a town just like your own
I was raised to believe in the power of the unknown
When the answers and the truth take different sides
Will you still find me
Will you still see me through smoke


When their whispers have faded pictures that
Make you doubt what you once believed and
They burn stories and hide the glory to
Keep us searching through smoke

Who do you believe when you can't get through
When everything you know seems so untrue
When I'm lost in a place that I thought I knew
Give me some way that I might find you
Through smoke

LOVE IT! [hear it here]

1 comment:

  1. The words are great. I find myself questioning alot of stuff I've been brainwashed to believe. I think it's called wrestling with God. The chorus of the song is identical to "Love Stinks" by the J. Geils Band. hahaha

    Scott

    ReplyDelete