Thursday, January 21, 2010

Small Town Livin'

Today was the kind of day you'd want to spend at Blue Mountain. Bluebird all the way. Sunny, temps around the freezing mark, hardly any wind... pretty much perfection. Since I don't have a season's pass to Blue, that was not an option for me. But one such a perfect day, I wanted to get out and enjoy it.

So I got dressed and took the dog out for a walk. I knew our subdivision was close to the Nottawasaga river, so I ventured out determined to find the water. It took about 5 minutes to reach my destination. I found the river, frozen, and decided we'd take a walk along our icy trail.

I wish I had brought my camera, because it was other-worldly. No noise, fresh snow on the ground, the crisp air filling my lungs. It was magic.

I did manage to snap some pictures with my cell phone, see them below.

5 Reasons I Love Living Outside The City
1 - I can let the dog off the leash and let her run around. (And she has room to run!)
2 - I can see stars at night. LOTS of them!
3 - I come home and it's like a mini-retreat from work. Time to recharge and relax.
4 - The snow is still white. (Even though I live in a construction zone, a 5 minute walk and it's nature all around)
5 - That small town feel. All the stores are on one street, people are friendly, people drive their snowmobiles to the gas stations.

No comments:

Post a Comment