Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How He Loves

There are people who really love "worship" music.  Their playlists are made up of Hillsong United, Jesus Culture, Chris Tomlin, Paul Baloche, Brian Doerkson.

I'm not one of those people.

I'm not a fan of flowery, "Jesus is my boyfriend", gooey love songs.  BUT there are some songs that I cannot help but sing to God at the top of my lungs.  Lifehouse's Everything is one of those songs.

Recently another song has been added to that exclusive list: "How He Loves" by John Mark McMillan.  It has already been covered by the likes of the David Crowder Band, The Glorious Unseen and Jeremy Riddle.  But I like the original version best.  When we sing it in church something stirs up inside of me and I'm belting it out like William Hung at Madison Square Garden.  I can't help it.

J-Mac's version was officially released today on iTunes and I was on it like a fat kid on cake.  It's amazing.  Especially after watching this 5 minute documentary on the song.



What songs are on your "must sing" list?


No comments:

Post a Comment