Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Moving & Shaking

There I was, watching an episode of Lost, when all of a sudden the house started to slide backward and forward.  My first reaction was "what are these construction guys doing now?" but after going outside and seeing the light posts swaying I realized it wasn't construction.

It was an earthquake.

I'd never experienced an earthquake before, and this was not what I was expecting.  It was more of a sliding than a shaking.  It wasn't very violent, wasn't very scary.  It was actually kind of fun.

But what a weird weather day huh?  Earthquake, Tornado (touching down in Midland) and some serious Thunderstorms. 

Kind of makes you want to be a stormchaser.

***The Toronto Star has a good explanation of how earthquakes can occur nowhere near major fault lines.***

No comments:

Post a Comment