Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Stupid Rules

This past Sunday I went to my church for the first time in a couple weeks.  Having been out of town the past couple weeks, I had no idea what series we'd be working through and had no idea what awaited me Sunday morning.

Turns out we're in the middle of a series called Twisted.  Sunday Andy Stanley spoke on stupid rules... sort of.  On how we feel free to disregard rules if we think they are stupid. 

Rules like:
- Speed limit is 100, but it should be 120 so I'm going to ignore it. 
- The government already takes enough of my money so I'm not going to declare ALL my income on my taxes.
- No personal calls on company time, but it'll only take 5 minutes.
- EVERYONE is downloaded music and pirating software.

I've always been someone who has trouble with rules, (I think it's part of the way God made me), so the message hit home.  Maybe a little too close.

I hate/love it when I go to church and God punches me in the gut.

No comments:

Post a Comment