Wednesday, August 18, 2010

It's The Waiting

It's the waiting that is the hardest part.

I recently received some FANTASTIC news.  News that breathed some life into me.  News that made me excited to get up in the morning.  News that surprised me, but it was something I had been praying would happen for the past year or so.  Things were looking up.  Life was good.  I had a new project to work on.

I got more news today.  Not good news.  Turns out that while it's still going to happen, the project won't get underway until much later than I expected.  5 minutes later and my happy-go-lucky mood had found its way to the bottom of the Mariana Trench.

I hate waiting.

When I get a new project, I want to get started on it right away.  Why waste time waiting?  Let's do it!

Looks like I'm going to have to learn to wait.

1 comment:

  1. so sorry to hear you're stuck in that waiting place. i understand only too well the disappointment.

    your words reminded me of something Rainer Maria Rilke wrote a long time ago...

    ...I would like to beg you dear Sir, as well as I can, to have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and to try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. Don't search for the answers, which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer.

    i know it's not exactly the same, but i'm praying that you live well through the waiting.

    ReplyDelete