Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Now You Know...

If you're a child of the 80's then you probably remember the PSAs at the end of each episode of G.I. Joe. 

"Now you know, and knowing is half the battle."

That has nothing to do with this post. (Or maybe there's a weak connection.)

Over the past couple of days my buddy Joni has been posting videos he made while attending Summit College at MBC.  Summit was started in 96 by Kaj Ballantyne as a place where could come each year for intense Bible classes and a variety of extreme outdoor sports and experiences.  How awesome is that?  Had I known about the program when I was in high school I likely would have enrolled. 

So how does this relate to the G.I. Joe PSA? (If at all)

I didn't know.  Knowing is half the battle.  Get it?

Point is: do your research!  People wonder what God wants them to do after high school or college.  How about you look at the passions God has put inside of you, do some research and follow the path before you.

It sounds so simple, and I think that's how it's supposed to be.

Unfortunately the Summit program (along with the Boundless program) have been discontinued.  It's too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment