Monday, August 16, 2010

Round & Round We Go

For the past 4 days my world has been spinning (almost) non-stop.  I was "living" aboard the Ferris Wheel at the Peterborough Ex.  As long as the midway was open, I was on the Ferris Wheel.

It actually isn't as crazy as people make it seem.  I had a couple books along with me, an iPod and could get off the wheel to go use the port-a-potty.  After a while, you don't even notice the motion of the wheel.  It was nice to get some time to read, reflect and listen to some podcasts that are still challenging me.

Some things I noticed over the past 4 days:
- There were A LOT of teen moms at the Ex.
- Peterborough loves the demolition derby.
- Ethanol burns clear, so when a demolition dervy driver is rolling around on the ground, it's likely because he's on fire, not because he's got an itch he can't reach.
- Carnies, while looking weird, are actually very nice people.
- When teenagers get on the ferris wheel, their hormones surge to an uncontrolable level and they MUST make-out with eachother for the length of their stay on the wheel.
- People will shell out a lot of cash to win an over-sized stuffed animal.
- All fair food comes deep fried.
- You can only sit on hard plastic for so long before any seated position starts to hurt your butt.
- The temperature at the top of the feris wheel is 10-15 degrees cooler than at the bottom.
- After sunset is the best time to visit the fair.  The lights, sounds and smells reach a whole new level of sensory hyper-stimulation.

Did I miss anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment