Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Dark is The Way, Light Is A Place

Welcome back to school friends.

Tonight we debuted the new album from Anberlin, Dark Is The Way, Light Is A Place.

Anberlin used to be in my Top 5 favourite bands, but fell from grace a couple years ago. I'm not even sure they'd be in my Top 10 now. Needless to say, I wasn't expecting much from their latest album. I was pleasantly surprised.

The first couple tracks are pretty weak to start off the album, but they get progressively better. I think my favourite track is #7 (The Art Of War), followed closely by #5 (You Belong Here) and #9 (Down). I think Stephen Christian is at his best on the more melodic tracks.

The Art Of War has a spacey, almost dreamlike feel to it. I picture the song going along with a heartbroken, twenty-something girl in her room. Flashes going back to her first love. Maybe a romance that lasted a couple of years, was pretty serious, but he cheated on her and ran out on the relationship. Now she swears never to love again. Do you hear a song and instantly have a visual scene play out in your head?

Which song on the new album is your favourite?


Relevant Magazine posted an interview with Stephen Christian about the new album HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment