Monday, September 27, 2010

Mow 'Em Down - Update

I have been domesticated.


My birthday list, which used to include things like a bike, tv, or hoodies, now consists of exciting items like blinds, snowblower, landscaping and a lawn mower.


Not just any lawnmower, I wanted a push reel mower. No engine, no gas, no emissions. PLUS it actually cuts the grass better than your typical gas mower.


Well, I got my wish. My parents got me a reel mower for my birthday and I was SO happy. I took it home, assembled it and cut the grass the next day.


It was tough.


The grass had grown pretty long, so when I hit the long, dense grass it was some tough sluggin'. I was unsure how long I could keep this up. I actually put the reel mower away and brought out the electric mower I had borrowed to finish the backyard.


I probably would have done the front with the electric too, but I ran over the extension cord.


Since our rough first date, my reel mower and I have made up and I have cut all our grass with the reel mower three times. I love it. Not only is it good for the environment, it's a good workout for me, and I love how it makes the lawn look.
The Wonderdog gives manual reel mowers two thumbs up!

1 comment: