Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Couchsurfing Update

When I signed up for couchsurfing, I didn't really expect to have many people crashing at our place. Well, last week we had a couple from Germany take up residence in our guest room. Crystal and I were unsure what to expect. What would they be like?

Turns out they were GREAT! Super friendly, very polite and clean too. I didn't get to spend much time with them, but Crystal spent a couple nights hanging out with Barbara and Jochen and loved it. They watched a movie, made a fantastic dinner (for $12!) and played Settlers Of Catan.

Apparently Germans get right down to business and don't make "nice deals". They simply take over the entire board.

Crystal said it was a fun experience, (one that I wish I could have experienced with her), and she's ready to do it again. All we need is someone who's looking to visit Barrie.

No comments:

Post a Comment