Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Start With A Win

I did not sleep well last night. The dog woke us up around 2:00 with angry barking, but there was no sign of an intruder or robbery. False alarm. I struggled to fall back asleep, and flirted with a sleep-like state off and on for the next hour and a half.

Normally this wouldn't be a huge deal, but I planned on waking up one hour earlier so I could go to the gym. Would I still do it? It's understandable if I don't go... I got no sleep, and I played hockey the day before. But if I don't go, that sets a precedent. If things aren't perfect (which they seldom are) and I make that excuse, I'll never end up going.

So when my alarm went off this morning I dragged my still sleeping butt out of bed, packed my clothes, inhaled some oatmeal and made my way to the gym.

It was a rough go, but I went. I think that's a win. (No matter how bad the workout was)

1 comment:

  1. you inspired me to drag my tired butt to the gym tonight.

    ReplyDelete