Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What Makes You Tick?

Last night I had the opportunity to attend my first MTR meeting at Connexus. MTR is a group of leaders from each ministry (students, children, tech, etc) who get together once each quarter and act as a sort of sounding board for the church leadership.

Connexus has a simple mission: "To create a church that unchurched people love to attend." I think that's why I love serving at Connexus.

I think it comes down to what makes you tick. Some people love going deep into scripture and stuidying with other people who have been believers for much of their lives. Others love to debate and discuss various aspects of the Christian life.

I love the excitement and enthusiasm of people who are experiencing God for the first time, or the first time in a long time. They don't know all the "rules" that are suddenly put in place once you say the sinner's prayer. They are rough around the edges. Their faith is a little more raw.

It's messy.

It's passionate.

It's awesome!

I got home late last night and even though I was so very tired, I couldn't sleep because I was so excited for what the next couple of months holds for the Connexus community. I don't want to give anything away, but I think we're on the brink of something HUGE!

I'm so glad/fortunate/stoked to be a part of what God is doing at Connexus. I love my church!

So... (your turn). What makes you tick?

1 comment:

  1. I tick when I see someone lift their hands for the first time.

    ReplyDelete