Friday, August 10, 2012

Favorite Things Friday - Apps

Before diving into the smartphone market in April, I went 7 years with a cell phone that could make phone calls and text using T9 word. I told myself: I don't need a smartphone. But now that I have one, I don't know how I lived without it for so long.

So, this week I'll hilite 3 of my favourite apps (outside of the ones found on my homescreen)


TED
If you have never watched a TED talk, you are missing out. They are inspiring, thought-provoking, educational, funny and amazing at the same time. Some of the world's premier thinkers, and some lesser-known geniuses share their expertise/theories in a 20 minute or less video. It's amazing.





HOUZZ
It's kind of like Pinterest, but solely for the home. Ideas for the kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, backyard. Inspiring architecture, interior design, furniture. I'm kind of addicted.







RUN KEEPER
This handy little app tells me how far I ran, plots it on a map, and also has a coaching feature that will tell me when to run, and when to slow down for a walk. It will pull a playlist from my iTunes and provide me with musical inspiration when I start to hit a wall.
It also allows me to build a "street team" of people who can see how I'm doing and offer encouragement, or a kick in the butt if need be.
Overall a useful app.



Got any useful app suggestions for us?

No comments:

Post a Comment