Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Unleash!

I've mentioned before my love for podcasts. Perry Noble's Leadership podcast is easily one of my top 5. This week Perry releases a new book, Unleash!, and I was sent an advance copy to check out and review.

I wasn't sure what to expect. I like his podcasts and his messages, but as a writer? I didn't know what to expect. Overall, I was impressed. 

Unleash! is similar to Mark Batterson's In A Pit With A Lion or Erwin McManus' Barbarian Way in it's overall feel. Encouraging the reader the leave their life of normalcy, push past the fear and doubt, and unleash the life God has for you. Overall a solid, enjoyable effort.

Mind you, I've got a natural bent towards this type of message.

In particular, the chapters on The Great American Lie and More The We Can Handle were especially awesome.

Here are some tweetable quotes that stuck out to me:
- God is not after our begrudging submission. He is after our joy.
- If you are in Christ, you are loved because you are His. Not because of anything you’ve done.
- One of the quickest ways to forget what God says about me is to focus on what the enemy says about me.
- Forgiveness is not achieved but rather received.
- No matter what circumstances we face, they don’t change who God is. He is still God.
- Understand that information about Christ doesn’t always lead to intimacy with Him 

No matter where you are at in your walk with God, I think this is a solid read. (Church and ministry leaders especially) A great first effort from Perry Noble.

I plan to dive in a little deeper and really chew through this book in the near future.

Check out the website for the epic trailer and a sample chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment