Monday, October 15, 2012

To Infinity & Beyond

Not sure if you caught it yesterday, but we were glued to our tv to watch what might be the most epic marketing campaign in history.

RedBull (the energy drink company) financed the dream of Austrian skydiver Felix Baumgartner: to set the record for highest freefall.

As the door to the capsule opened, my heart began to race. This just got intense.

As Felix walked out onto the platform and the overhead shot was stunning. He stood there for a moment, reflected on the occasion and uttered: "I know the whole world is watching now. I wish you could see what I can see. Sometimes you have to be up really high to understand how small you are... I'm coming home now." And with that, he simply stepped off the platform and began to fall.

The first 10 seconds were absolutely amazing. I couldn't believe what we were watching, and I will never forget that moment.

I'm not sure how it compares to watching Neil Armstrong land on the moon, but it was a truly remarkable event that is forever etched in my memory.

The BBC Recap

The Jump
The Jump From Felix's P.O.V.


No comments:

Post a Comment