Monday, December 17, 2012

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of Year

It's that time of year again.

Time for Christians to start proclaiming...
the birth of Jesus,
the arrival of the awaited messiah,
hope and forgiveness,
the war on Christmas!

The freedom of speech/religion/choice that we enjoy in North America goes both ways. If we can post billboards proclaiming the arrival of Christ, why can't others post billboards celebrating Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/Winter Solstice?

I'm pretty sure the wisemen didn't arrive to wish Jesus "Merry Christmas". Paul wrote most of the New Testament, and I doubt he and Barnabas/Silas ever had an ugly Christmas sweater party.

If you want to say "Happy Holidays" to me, that's cool. You want to write Season's Greetings on your storefront, be my guest.

I think it's time we stop focusing our energy on the "War On Christmas", and focus on spreading the message of hope and forgiveness, the real reason for the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment